My brother-in-law reminded me of a time when I was about 10 years old. I took a 4x8 sheet of plywood, nailed 2 x 6 sides on it with a slightly raked bow, and then put a five horse Johnson outboard on it and that was my hydroplane. 

We've owned Starr for 18 years and as we prepare for our 10th Pacific crossing (May 2018) we realized other cruisers may benefit from some of the improvements we've made. We are not afraid to make changes to improve reliability, comfort, and safety. This page is an index of some of the changes and improvements we've made over the years. Many of these are small and inexpensive, but improve life aboard significantly.

Starr Refit 2013-2014

Details about cutting off the stern in order to add 2ft to swimstep, plus adding 6ft to the top deck.
 

Building a multi purpose dive platform.

 

Managing large refer door swinging in rolling seas.
 

Making use of unused space under 15ft Novurania
 

Ongoing control problem for shallow draft (6-7ft) trawlers.

 

Added fuel capacity for Japan to Hawaii 4000nm passage.
/uploads/49799/IBC.jpg